Starting Pay: $13.15 an hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Leave, 401K with match, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance
The Program Assistant’s job is to mix the job of a Direct Support Professional with the administrative duties of an Assistant. When a Program Assistant position opens, you are required to send a resume and cover letter to the appropriate person. You must meet the criteria listed below.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The Program Assistant monitors, supervises, and participates in the development and implementation of Person-Centered, Behavior Support, and other support plans and curriculum for each individual, in pursuit of the individual’s outcomes and personal goals and well-being. The Assistant is a TURN representative in the community and other agency/professional settings. Essential functions of this position include regular attendance, adherence to authorized schedule, and sensory levels sufficient to perceive signs of aggression or physical distress in others.
- A minimum of six months of work experience with individuals with disabilities; experience with intellectual disabilities and challenging behaviors will be given preference.
- A minimum of 18 years of age.
- Own their own personal, reliable transportation.
- Have a valid driver’s license, current motor vehicle insurance, and clean driving record.
- Knowledge of general medical conditions.
- Demonstrated organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills.
- Problem-solving, leadership and teamwork experience.
- Proficiency in professional and community networking.
- Effective verbal and written communication and the ability to produce and review typed business letters, reports, and accurate numerical records.
- Basic word processing; other basic computer skills.
- Effective personal stress management.
- Performance of administrative functions such as financial liaison, or reporting duties.
- Completion of required training at TURN within 3 months of employment.